Why is story so import
Stories are native to us all. It was how we first learnt about the world, and our place in it.
Stories are more powerful than facts or figures alone. They are a great way to share your ideas, successes and learning’s.
Stories shape the way others see and feel about you and your business/community. People will be influenced by your story, this in turn influences them when purchasing your products or services.
Stories are mighty tools. People are more willing to invest time to listen to your story. Stories are a powerful way that you can share your vision more effectively and move people into action.
6 Elements to the Magic of Stories
1. The hook – A story should start with a well-told promise a hook or sales pitch.
2. Building the story – Make the audience put things together. ‘The purpose of the storyteller is to not tell you how to think but to give you the questions to think upon’. Brandon Sanderson
3. The purpose – Why would people care about your story and invest their time listening to it? Every story needs a main character; this can be a team member a customer or a community member. The character needs to have a larger purpose that they are striving to reach and the story tells of the journey it took to get there.
4. Use your intuition – Go on you gut feeling and trust your instincts ‘Good instincts usually tell you what to do long before your head has figured it out’ – Michael Burke
5. Share your truth through your values - Use what you know and capture the truth from your experiences and express it through the values that you feel deep to your core. We connect with each other through our values.
6. The MAGIC ingredient – Storytelling has guidelines that are not hard fast rules. A strong theme is always running through a well-told story. However the magic ingredient of your story is wonder – The best stories infuse wonder. ‘The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper’ W.B Yates
Crafting a story that is engaging and sharable will help build on the relationships within your team, community and client base. Making your stories engaging will inspire others to share your story and join you on the journey.
Needing help to tell your story?
Check out the ways that Inspireevery1 Productions can help tell and share your stories.