How I love that there is an International Day of Happiness.
It was around Christmas last year when I first heard Pharrell Williams - Happy song. My husband had decided that he was going to help me with the Christmas shopping - bless - however knowing that he doesn't like shopping I made it very clear to him that if he was to join me that he needed to bring his christmas cheer! I decided that a little help along wouldn't go astray - so every time we got into the car I would play the happy song - it worked a treat - all in all a successful shopping trip and a happy Matt.
The last few months has seen the entire world enraptured by Pharrell’s “Happy,” and they’re dancing it out in joyful videos from Paris to Hong Kong -- just in time for March 20th's International Day of Happiness.
The song got me thinking what is it that happy people do differently.
I think happy people are happy because they make themselves happy. They do and think differently - they have formed happy habits, heres a few of them.
15 Habits of Happy People
- Express gratitude for what they already have.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Speak well of others.
- Practice random acts of kindness.
- Get absorbed into the present.
- Avoid social comparison.
- Choose their friends wisely.
- Nurture their friendships.
- Never seek approval from others.
- Take the time to listen to others.
- Eat well.
- Accept what cannot be changed.
- Live in integrity with their values.